About The ECM&W
The Electric City Maroon & White were established in November 2016 as a continuation from a previous organization. A board of like minded individuals was assembled with the vision of furthering the mission statement of “everyone plays”
Electric City Special Needs Hockey provides opportunities for any child or adult with physical or developmental special needs. We include everyone, no matter their ability, focusing on improving or developing new skills and working on individual goals while having fun at the same time. Coaches and volunteers work with players to learn to skate, working on individual goals, and assisting in pushing wheelchairs and much more. In our program every child and or adult is valued, included and given the opportunity to be part of a team and treated equally. We offer a junior and an intermediate team for players of all different skill levels.
With practices and away games they develop many close and meaningful friendships, discover new strengths, new skills, improve their health, find joy, build confidence, fulfillment and most importantly have so much fun in the process! Our main goal is to always have fun!
There’s no competition and everyone’s success is celebrated no matter how big or small!
- No skating skills necessary to play, all level of skills are welcomed.
- Wheel chair athletes are welcomed
- Modified hockey for any gender and all ages welcome starting at 5yrs+
- Junior & Intermediate teams
- Weekly practices or games from September – March ( including some scheduled away games)
- Inclusive, family friendly accepting environment to learn new skills and have fun!
- Large storage container of equipment
- Team Jersey’s & Socks
- Social gatherings and events
- Fundraiser opportunities
- End of year Banquet with a dance and trophies
- Team funding liaison available
- Deferred payment plans available
- In-house support staff
- Experienced and welcoming coaches
- Committed and wonderful volunteer staff with hockey and special needs experience and a fun first coaching style